Sunday, August 23, 2015

Enter

Unworthy. Unloved. Wretched. Disgusted.

Words that stacked like bricks within the spaces of my soul. 

Words that were heavy, and made imprints on the exterior of my heart, sinking into the depths of my inner being.

Words that placed Berlin walls around the peaceful territories that I ached to experience.

Words that exploded and removed the traces of love and forgiveness that once soothed the pains that racked my body.

Words that formed deteriorating thoughts and flooded my mind to the point where church, a place that holds the presence of Christ, seemed like a space that would shut the doors at my attempt to enter.

A space that would shudder at the sin, shame, and guilt I carried on the back of my small frame.

But yet, those words, those thoughts were no form of intimidation for the space that held the presence of God.

That space was the magnet that my sin, shame, and guilt were attracted to. A magnet that pulled and tugged at the impurities that clung to my soul and begged for release. Begged to carry the weight that brought me low.

And all I had to do was enter with open heart.

Enter and allow the blood of Christ to cleanse, to wipe, to heal, to restore, and to remind. Remind me that I, that you, that we are daughters of Christ.

Enter into the presence of Christ, and see the hands of my Savior crumble bricked stacked words, reversing the imprint that signaled that I was the only force that could remove the sin, shame, and guilt that I was buried within.

Enter into the presence of Christ and watch forgiveness and love flood the wells of my soul.

Enter and be pulled into the embrace of the one who created me, the one who cherishes me, the one who sees the depths of me and craves me just as I am.

Enter dear sister. Enter.

Enter in into the walls of the church. Not just on Sundays but every day you breathe in the breath of life. Every moment you blink and set your eyes on the beauties of God’s creation.

Enter and allow Christ to enter the walls of your soul. The place he wants to make a home.


Enter beloved. He’s waiting.

#walkworthy

No comments:

Post a Comment