Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thoughts: Hard Days

The below was written previously, but it is adhering to me presently. Hard days. Days like today where I poured out my heart to Christ in worship, and now Im empty. Empty to the point where I have no energy left to recharge, and I want to wallow in self-pity. With each passing minute I find it harder to get up…its comforting here. My body is use to this. Use to trudging along in an atmosphere of despondency until something in my environment kicks me out of it. Or until I reach the point where I can't take it any longer. But I am slowly learning that this war doesn't have to wage on as it does now. God has granted me the power to overcome & placed his Word at my grasp to nourish me. He whispers for me to move, to worship, to talk….its hard. Oh the strength that it takes to move forward out of what seems natural, but it is not mine, but his strength that is running through my veins. He meets me here…right here at my dining room table. He will meet you…Take a deep breathe, and blow out the strongholds that are weighing down your spirit. Fly closer ladies...


Hard days. Yesterday was one of those days. A day filled with a tug-of-war game that I didn’t have the strength to play.  Tonight is one of those nights. Nights where emotions are choking and rising up in my throat.  Days & nights where I am glad that God can meet me where I am. I don’t have to run miles, or say extensive prayers in order for God to be at my reach. Thankful that when I don’t have the words to communicate to others (or even myself), He knows.  He knows when I cant complete sentences, when I’m blubbering in my tears, and when my chest feels like its about to explode. He meets me in those moments. For that I am thankful for my God.  He met me today at church, and I know He will meet me again tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment