Saturday, September 7, 2013

Thoughts on singleness

Recently (late last night/early this morning) my mind has been revolving around being single. Amongst a myriad of thoughts and numerous words composed to God I have come to some conclusions: I don't want my life to revolve around being single. I don't want to live life and be known as a single, but as a daughter of Christ who longs and craves more of her father. 

Im not saying that I don't want to be married, or that I don't need to understand why I am single, BUT I don't want this word to define me or to control me. I want to live on fire for God, and not be trapped in the "single box" like its some disease or illness. I look at this world and see a ferocious cyclone that seeks to consume me and throw me into the repetitious cycle: enter this world, go to school, date, go to college, date, get a job, date, get married, have children, retire, die. Where singleness is a time where you should be out researching the next guy to date and out of your entire life should only be a small aspect. I desire something different; I want to attack this world at a different angle, where I am pursuing Christ and can be comfortable with just Him. I want my foundation and core to consist of nothing but Christ. I admit that as I write these word that I begin to think will this mean that I will never be married??? I do desire to enter into a relationship and then marry a man that pushes me closer to Christ and where I do the same for him; however, I don't want them to come before Christ. I also want God's will to be done in my life, so I am trusting that He will lead me in the right direction. 

There are blogs that dig deeper into what I am expressing and are a good read. Take the time to read them and explore how you view being single. (The list is not in any type of order).


Spread your wings sisters and fly a little closer to God today, give Him your entire life and let Him use it. Give Him your dreams and deepest desires and watch Him work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment