Saturday, September 6, 2014

Sweet Mornings

This morning I was woken out of my sleep around 6:58 am, by the incessant alarm of my carbon monoxide detector. The sound prompted me to figure out what was causing the alarm: the battery needing to be changed or truly carbon monoxide. As I proceeded to call the necessary people to ensure that my apartment was free of poisonous gases I headed outside on the balcony.

 The sun was just coloring the horizon and spreading warmth across the city, slowly easing out the lingering coolness. The air was still and full of silence, being pierced here or there with the rumble of a car engine or the delicate chirping of bird. Morning was slowly emerging from the darkness of night and was tranquil yet expectant of what was to come. Creating wide-open spaces, ready to capture whatever might spill from my lips or the thoughts of my heart.

Although my body wished I were still snuggled inside of my bed in the comfort of my cozy apartment, the spirit within knew that a morning of stillness was the “coffee” I needed to energize my day. Mornings of stillness give me space and more importantly time to commune with God. To ask God to help #getmylife before the world attempts to knock me off course and drag me into territories I wasn’t meant for. It’s a time where I can level set and begin the process of tearing down my flesh by slipping on the word.

 
My view midmorning 

Morning: a time for some that is full of grogginess and bouts of sleepiness, is time of meditation and spiritual awakening for me. A time where life’s anxieties and worries aren’t crowding my mind and I can breathe out my thankfulness and draw in the presence of God.

When is your "morning"?

What time do you have throughout the day where you can awaken spiritually and escape from the noise of the world? Is it on your back porch when the sky is encrusted with twinkling lights and crickets create a steady background rhythm? Is it your mid-day run or walk where your eyes can drink in the beauties that blanket the grounds and clutter the sky? Or maybe it’s in the afternoon while resting in a quaint coffee shop swollen with rich aromas.


I encourage you to find that time whenever it is, and protect it. Guard it; ensure that you spend that time with God. He desires to communicate with you, and he cant do that unless its you make time for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment